- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Call for applications for Cohort 7 under RKVY RAFTAAR scheme ::
- International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- ICAR-NAHEP in collaboration with the Crop Science Division of ICAR is organizing Hackathon Kritagya- a National Level Agtech Hackathon on “Speed breeding for Crop Improvement.::
Sh O V Ramana
Designation: Chief Technical Officer (Computers / Statistics) | At IIMR Since: 1994
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com | Mobile:9440051047
Phone(O): +91-40-24599311 | Fax : +91-40-24599304
M.Sc. Statistics, PG Diploma in Computer Applications
- Statistical data analysis.
- AICSIP data analysis and Compilation.
- Checking data in the varietal release proforma’s
- Preparing & helping graphical presentations.
- System (Computer) troubleshooting & management
- Network (LAN) troubleshooting (LAN cabling management, LAN boxes & switches management)
- Server management & maintenance.
- Thin line system management & troubleshooting.
- To solve FTTH (OFC) fiber based internet line problems from time to time.
- NKN connectivity and its issues
- Intercom / BSNL telephones troubleshooting & management.
- Printers / Network Printer troubleshooting & management
- Scanning jobs.
- Management & updating of PERMSNET (IASRI) software as Nodal officer
- Jgate CeRA consortium (Library Network) issues as Nodal officer
- Biometric (Attendance) machine management (Aadhar and manual), preparing monthly attendance / absent reports.
- LCD & DLP Projector System management.
- Wifi systems configuration and its management
Publications / Books
- Journal Publications:
- Umakanth, A.V., Bhat, B.V., Hariprasanna, K. and Ramana, O.V. 2012. Stability of yield and related traits in dual-purpose sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) across locations. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82: 532-534 (IF 6.6).
- Sujay Rakshit,* K. Hariprasanna, Sunil Gomashe, K. N. Ganapathy, I. K. Das, O. V. Ramana, A. Dhandapani, and J. V. Patil Changes in Area, Yield Gains, and Yield Stability of Sorghum in Major Sorghum-Producing Countries, 1970 to 2009 - Crop science, vol. 54, july–august 2014 – Pages (1571-1584)
Conference / Seminar / training Attended:
- Regional Training and Awareness workshop on J-Gate@CeRA for South at Animal & Fisheries Sciences University, Hebbal Campus, Bangalore during January 27, 2017
- Training Programme on Hindi course “Gahan Parangat” organized by Central Hindi training Institute, Official language division, Min. of Home Affairs, Govt of India at ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad during November 1-29, 2016
- National Knowledge Network Fourth Annual workshop on “NKN at the core of Cyber Space” at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad during January 21-22, 2016
- Training Programme on “Competency Enhancement Program for Technical Officers of ICAR” at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad during December 14-23, 2015.
- Training Programme on “Analysis of Experimental Data” at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad during August 17-22, 2015.
- Management Development Programme on “Multimedia Digital Content Development, packaging and Delivery” at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad during December 3-12, 2014.
- Statistical data analysis training given to AICRP Small millets, Bangalore staff members during 27-28 January 2017, at AICRP Small millets, Bangalore. Those staff members are Dr. Sujata Bhat, Dr. Chandra Shekhar Angadi (both Breeding), Dr. Suresh Patil (Pathology), Dr. B Boraiah (Agronomy) and Dr. Prabhu ganiger (Entomology). Statistical Software installed in 2 computers. Statistical Software given to PC Small millets, to install this software in other systems. Hands on training given on RBD, Factorial RBD, Splitplot designs. Sample Breeding, Entomology, Pathology, Agronomy trials data analyzed by AICRP Small millets staff members under my supervision.
AS Institute nodal officer
- PERMSNET system
- Jgate CeRA consortium
Certified that above facts are correct and I have repeatedly edited and verified to my full satisfaction.
O Venkata Ramana
Last Updated on 13th November 2017