- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Amasiddha Bellundagi
Discipline:Genetics and Plant Breeding | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2015
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 8639269604
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|PhD||Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi||
M. Sc (Ag)
Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi
B. Sc (Ag)
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
Agriculture and allied subjects
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad
|2015 to till date|
- Improving barnyard millet for higher grain yield and biomass (PI)
- Development of improved AB lines in sweet sorghum (Co-PI)
- Assistance in the AICRP on Sorghum (Co-PI, Trials and Nurseries)
- Monitoring and handling of farm improvement activities (In-Charge, Farm section)
- Assistance in identification and registration of unique germplasm lines in sorghum and millets (Member Secretary, IGIC)
- Assistance in DUS and PPVFR&A sorghum project (Co-Nodal officer)
- Selection of players for IIMR sports contingent as a chairman of the selection committee (Chairman)
Recent major contributions:
- Contributed two identified barnyard millet lines for multi-location testing to AICRP on Small Millets.
- Assisted in preparation of technical bulletins on Genetic resources utilization in Sorghum, Barnyard millet, finger millet and Pearl millet
Recent awards and recognitions:
- ICAR- Junior Research Fellowship for Master Degree-2009-11
- ICAR-IARI, PhD Scholarship for PhD program- 2011-2015
- Received 1st Place for Poster Preparation and Presentation Competition during Vigilance Awareness week held on 30th October 2017 to 4th November 2017
- Best Oral Presentation award: Participated in International conference on climate change, water, agriculture and food security held at ICRISAT, Hyderabad from 2-3 Nov 2016. Presented (Oral presentation) on the topic Millets (Nutri-cereals for food and nutritional security in dryland ecosystem) (Got First Best Oral Presentation award)
- Best Oral Presentation award: Participated in National Seminar on “Breeding of field crops for biotic and abiotic stresses inn relation to climate change” held at VNMKV Prabhani from 28-29 March 2016. Presented (Oral presentation) on the topic Millets “Transfer of heat tolerant QTLs through MABB in bread wheat (Triticumaestivum., L) (Got First Best Oral Presentation award)
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- B. Amasiddha, K. T. Ramya, C. Prashant Kumar, R. Neha, T. Leena, Harikrishna, P Ramya, N. Jain P. K. Singh, G. P. Singh, K. V. Prabhu (2016). Comparative study of marker assisted backcross breeding derived BC2F3 and BC1F4 lines for morpho-physiological characters under late sown heat stress condition.Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant breeding.
- NehaRai, B. Amasiddha, Neelu Jain, G. P. Singh, P. K. Singh, Suresh Chand andK. VinodPrabhu. (2017). Validation of SSR Markers Linked with Drought and Heat Tolerant QTLs in Bread Wheat (Triticumaestivum L. em.Thell.).Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 5 (5): 700-705 (2017).
- Harikrishna G. P. Singh, Neelu Jain, P. K. Singh, S. V. SaiPrasa, DivyaAmbati,T. R. Das, Arun Kumar, JaviadAktherBhat, B. Amasiddha, Priyanka Vijay, NiveditaSinha, P. C. Mishra, S. C. Misra,K. V. Prabhu. (2016). Physiological characterization and grain yield stability analysis of RILs under different moisture stress conditions in wheat (Triticumaestivum L.). Ind J Plant Physiol. (doi:10.1007/s40502-016-0257-9).
- Jain, N., Singh, G. P., Singh, P. K., Ramya, P., Hari Krishna, Ramya K. T., Leena T., Amasiddha, B., Prashant Kumar, K. C., Priyanka, V., Vasudha, J., Sutapa, D., Rai, N., Sinha, N.andPrabhu, K. V. (2014) Molecular approaches for wheat improvement under drought and heat stress, Indian J. Genet. 74(4): 578-583.
- Amasiddha Bellundagi, G. P. Singh, K. V. Prabhu, Ajay Arora, Neelu Jain, P. Ramya, Anju M. Singh, P. K. Singh, ArvindAhlawat (2013) Early ground cover and other physiological traits as efficient selection criteria for grain yield under moisture deficit stress conditions in wheat (Triticumaestivum L.). Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 18(3):277–281.
- Amasiddha Bellundagi, G. P. Singh, Anju M. Singh, Ajay Arora, Neelu Jain, S. V. Sai Prasad, Jagdish Kumar , ArvindAhlawat, P. Ramya (2013). Genetic diversity for moisture deficit stress adaptive traits in bread wheat (Triticumaestivum L.). Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 18(2):131–135.
- Amasiddha B and Kavitha C. (2018). “Artificial intelligence for improved farming and quality food products” published in Project coordinators report, AGM sorghum, 2018
- Hariprasanna K., Suresh, P., Amasiddha, B. and Deepika, C. 2018. Status of DUS testing and review of guidelines in sorghum. In: Project Coordinator’s Report, 48th Annual Sorghum Group Meeting-2018, All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad 500030, India, pp-28-35. (http://www.millets.res.in/aicsip17/reports/rb/AICRP_Sorghum_Coordinating_Team_report.pdf).
- VenkateshBhat, B., Aruna, C., Hariprasanna, K., AvinashSingode, Sooganna, D., Amasiddha, B., Deepika, C., RaghunathKulakarni and Suresh, P. 2018. Nucleus & Breeder seed production, Mega seed project, Distinctness, uniformity and stability, Intellectual Property Rights, Plant Protection Variety & Farmers Rights Authority Kharif, 2017-18 In: Progress Report 2017-18. All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum (AICRP-S), 48th AGM2018, IIMR, IIMR publication number- 1/2018-19, pp 1- ICAR – IIMR Publications 2018-19 Page 16 15. (http://www.millets.res.in/aicsip17/reports/kh/9 NSP-BSP-MSP-DUS-IPR PPV_FRA.pdf).
- Elangovan, M., Tara Satyavathi, C., Amasiddha, B. and Vilas A Tonapi 2019. Pedigree database on pearl millet elite breeding stocks: ICAR-AICRP on pearl millet (1981-2018), All India Coordinated Research Project on Pearl Millet, ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad 500030, Telangana, India, pp 650. ISBN: 81-89335-84-7.
- Elangovan, M., Prabhakar, Amasiddha, B. and Vilas A Tonapi 2019. Potential Barnyard Millet genotypes identified for utilization - AICRP on Small Millets Centres (2007-2018), All India Coordinated Research Project on Small Millets, ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad 500030, Telangana, India, pp 266. ISBN: 81-89335-77-4.
- Elangovan, M., Prabhakar, Amasiddha, B. and Vilas A Tonapi 2019. Potential finger millet genotypes identified for utilization - AICRP on Small Millets Centres (2007-2018), ICAR-All India Coordinated Research Project on Small Millets, ICAR–Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad 500030, Telangana, India, pp 342. ISBN: 81-89335-81-2.
- SujayRakshit and AmasiddhaBellundagi 2018. Conventional breeding techniques in sorghum. pp 77-92.
Other professional activities
- Member, Society of Millets Research
- Member, Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding