- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Anuradha Narala
Discipline: Agricultural Economics | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 25th November, 2019
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D||Anand Agricultural University, Anand, Gujarat||2010||Agricultural Economics|
|M.Sc. (Ag)||Anand Agricultural University, Anand, Gujarat||2006||Agricultural Economics|
|B.Sc. (Ag)||Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Bapatla College, Bapatla, Andhra Pradesh||2003||Agricultural Sciences|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||25 November 2019-till date|
|Scientist||ICAR||Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur, Maharashtra||17-09-2010 to 24-11-2019||9 years 1 month|
- Database of Millets
Recent major contributions:
- Cotton Price Forecasting models
- Socio-Economic impact analysis of cotton production
- Gender related analysis
Recent awards and recognitions:
Current collaborative activities:
Impact analysis and price forecasting models.
Recent most significant publications:
- Anuradha Narala and Usha rani (2019) Gender issues : Women in cotton Farming in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra, Indian Journal of Extension Education(Accepted)
- Isabella Agarwal and Anuradha Narala (2019): Comparing predictive accuracy through price forecasting models in cotton, Journal of Cotton Research Development,34(1):146-157.
- A.R.Reddy, D. Blaise,and Anuradha N.(2018): Cost escalation in cotton cultivation: An Analysis. Economic Affairs, Vol 63, No.4, pp. 833-838.
- A.Ravindra Raju, N.Anuradha, Rachana Deshmukh and Shilpa Babar, (2018). Participatory evaluation of technologies for improving the profitability of Bt hybrids cotton based cropping systems in calcareous soils: Journal of Cotton.Res.Dev, 32(2)218-225.
- A.R. Reddy, M.V.Venugopal, Isabella Aggarwal and Anuradha Narala, (2016), IS MSP relevant for cotton farmers in India; Cotton research Journal, Vol.7, no.2.
- Narala Anuradha, Pantwane P, Meshram M ans Suke R, “India’s Cotton Trade : An Overview’’(2016), International Journal of Life Sciences, An International Peer Reviewed Open Access Journal : Special issue A6 ; February 2016 ; A-47.
- Meshram Jayant H, Narala A, Kharche R, Rodge C, Pantawane P, Suke R, Meshram M and Kranthi KR (2016), “Role of Technology Mission on Cotton (TMC) in enhancing cotton productivity’’, International Journal of Life Sciences, An International Peer Reviewed Open Access Journal : Special issue A6 ; February 2016 ; A- 23.
- Pantwane Pranali T, Narala A, Raju AR, Meshram MP and Suke R (2016), “Trends of Minimum Support Price for Cotton’’, International Journal of Life Sciences, An International Peer Reviewed Open Access Journal : Special issue A6 ; February 2016 ; A- 19.
- Anuradha Narala, 2018, Insight on profitability of cotton farming-Post Bt era, Cotton Statistics&News, Cotton association of India, N0-33, 13th November.
- Anuradha Narala, 2019, Cotton Trade of India, A breif time series analysis, Cotton Statistics&News, Cotton association of India, N0-9, 2019. Conference papers
- A R Reddy, M V Venugopalan, Isabella Aggarwal and Anuradha Narala. 2017. Is MSP relevant for cotton farmers in India, 7th Asian Cotton Research and Development Network Meeting, 15-17 September 2017, Nagpur, India.
Other professional activities
- Member of Indian Society of Cotton Improvement (ISCI)
- Member, Society for Millet Research, Hyderabad