- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Parashuram Patroti
Discipline: Genetics & Plant Breeding| Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: April 2015
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 8390449609
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
Ph. D (Agri)
|Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (Formerly a part of ANGRAU).
College of Agriculture Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Telangana
|2015|| Genetics and Plant Breeding
|M. Sc (Agri)||University of Agricultural Sciences,
G. K. V. K Bangalore , Karnataka
|2010||Genetics and Plant Breeding|
|B. Sc (Agri)||University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
College of Agriculture Bijapur, Karnataka
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
||ICAR|| Indian Institute of Millets Research
Centre on Rabi Sorghum (IIMR), Solapur, Maharashtra
|Senior Research Fellow||UAS|| University of Agricultural Sciences,
Dept. of Genetics & Plant Breeding,
G. K. V. K Bangalore , Karnataka
|Sept 2010 –
- Development of MAGIC populations and construction of multi-genotype varieties in Sorghum
- Breeding for high yielding rabi hybrids and varieties of Sorghum
- Development of heterotic gene pools in Pearl millet.
- Identification of trait specific germplasm/genotypes in Foxtail millet & Finger millet
- Nodal Officer – Breeder & Nucleus seed production of sorghum
- Nodal Officer- Millet seed hub under NFSM, GOI. Certified seed production of Sorghum, Foxtail, Proso and Little millet.
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Development of Blast resistant versions (Three major genes viz.,Pi1, Pi2 and Pi54) of Improved Samba Mahsuri& Swarna sub1 variety of Rice (Oryza sativa) through Marker Assisted Backcrossing.
- Floral biology and anthesis pattern studies in finger millet (Eleusinecoracana L.).
- Development of multi-parent crosses and their derivatives in post rainy sorghum.
- Identification of trait specific germplasm in Sorghum and Foxtail millet
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Certificate of Excellence for Rabi sorghum Improvement from ICAR-IIMR during its 4th foundation day February 9th 2019.
- Scientist of the year 2017-18 Award for the excellent contribution in the field agriculture during 2017-18 on the occasion of International Conference on Advances in Agriculture and Allied Science Research held at Rama University, Kanpur from 23-24 February, 2019. Received this honour from Shri. Satyadev Pachauri, cabinet minister, MSME, Handloom & Silk, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- Best Young Scientist Award (2017-18) awarded during National seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultural Research held on 11-12 January 2018 at ZARS (MPKV) Solapur on the eve of Golden Jubilee year celebration of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeet, Rahuri.
- Young Scientist Award (2016 for outstanding research contribution for the year 2016, awarded during National Conference on Genetics and Cytogenetics held at UAS, Dharwad.
- University Gold medal for Doctoral degree (Ph. D) for securing highest GPA in the Discipline of Genetics and Plant breeding and at University level from PJTSAU (Formerly ANGRAU), Hyderabad.
- Best Ph. D. Thesis Award (2016) for outstanding contribution in the field of Agriculture & Allied sciences from SamagraVikas Welfare Welfare Society, Lucknow, UP.
- Best oral presentation award for the paper entitled “Assessment of morphological diversity and cluster analysis in Pearl millet” at the National seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultural Research held on 11-12 January 2018 at ZARS (MPKV) Solapur on the eve of Golden Jubilee year celebration of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeet, Rahuri.
- Best poster presentation award for the poster entitled “Evaluation of Foxtail millet germplasm lines for various agro-morphological characters” at the National seminar on Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultural Research held on 11-12 January 2018 at ZARS (MPKV) Solapur on the eve of Golden Jubilee year celebration of Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeet, Rahuri.
- Designed skill development course /bridge course on “Green house technology and Hydroponics” for M. Sc. Botany students of Dayanand college Solapur.
- Developed Resource material on Plant breeding and Biostatistics course for B. Sc. III (Revised CBCS Pattern) syllabus for the teaching faculty of Maharashtra developed 2018.
- Expert member for the establishment of incubation centre to promote the research culture in DBF Dayanand college, Solapur
- Guide and co-guide for M.Sc and Ph.D students of Solapur University.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Doctoral degree.
- ICAR – Senior Research Fellowship for Doctoral degree (9th rank in All India Entrance Examination Conducted by ICAR)
- UGC/ Post Graduate Fellowship for PG Programme.
- Gold medal for securing highest grade point average in the subject of Genetics and Plant breeding during Under Graduation (UG) from the College of Agriculture, Bijapur, UAS, Dharwad.
- Best outgoing student of the college of Agriculture, Bijapur, UAS, Dharwad (2004-2008 - UG Batch).
Current collaborative activities:
- Associated with CRP on Agro-biodiversity on Millets
- Genomic selection in Rabi Sorghum
- Associated with AICSIP Rabi Breeding & Physiology programmes
Recent most significant publications:
- Parashuram Patroti., B. Vishalakshi., B. Umakanth., J. Suresh., P. Senguttuvel and M. Sheshu Madhav. 2019. Marker-assisted pyramiding of major blast resistance genes in Swarna-Sub1, an elite rice variety (Oryza sativa L.). ( Euphytica. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-019-2487-1)
- Parashuram Patroti., J. Suresh., Shilpa H. B and M. S. Madhav 2019. Development of Blast resistant versions of Improved SambhaMahsuri variety of rice (Oryza sativa. L.) through marker assisted breeding. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 7(1):642-648.
- Parashuram Patroti., Nikita Chavan., Sujay Rakshit and R. Madhusudhana. 2018. Study of Fertility Restoration behavior of Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) Exotic germplasm, to identify potential Restorers. In National seminar on future challenges in Agriculture, value addition to millets food crops and their nutraceutical function, Bapatla. Pp : 21-24.
- Patroti Parashuram., Sharma K. K and Samdur M. Y. 2018. Assessment of magnitude of heterosis in Double and single crosses over their parental lines in Post-rainy sorghum [(Sorghum bicolor L.) Moench]. Contemporary Research in India 3: 257-261.
- Jagtap M. N., Katakdhond R. N., Patroti Parashuram., Randive S. D., Chavan D. G., Shelke S. S., Birajdar D. M., Shrichippa A. V., Todkar V. B and Bhise D.S. 2019. A Hand Book of Practical Botany. Wizcraft Publications & Distributions Pvt. Ltd. ISBN-978-93-86013-84-2.
- Nitesh S. D., Patroti Parashuram., Shilpa Parashuram., Jorben J., Nandini V and Nanditha R. S. 2020. Plant Breeding made easy . Kalyani publishers. ISBN 978-93-89987-59-1.
Other professional activities
- Member, Society for Millets Research, Hyderabad
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Kolkata
- Member, Board of Studies, Walchand College of Arts & Science, Solapur
- Reviewer for International Journal of Agriculture Sciences