- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Rajendra R. Chapke
Discipline: Agricultural Extension | Designation: Principal Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2008
Email: email@example.com | Mobile: 9010265469Profile video Click here
|Degree||Institute/ University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D||Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi||2001||Agricultural Extension including Agril. Statistics & Horticulture|
|M. Sc.||Dr. Panjabrao Deshamukh Krishi Vidhyapeeth, Akola (Maharashtra State), India||1998||Extension Education including Agril. Statistics, Entomology & Agronomy|
|B. Sc.||Dr. Panjabrao Deshamukh Krishi Vidhyapeeth, Akola (M.S.), India||1996||Agricultural Science|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Principal Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad, Telangana||6 Oct 2014 to till date|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||Directorate of Sorghum Research, Hyderabad||6 Oct 2008 to 5 Oct 2015||6 years|
|Scientist (Senior Scale)||ICAR||CRIJAF, Barrackpore
West Bengal (India)
|3rd Dec., 2005 to 4th Oct., 2008||2 years & 9 months|
|Scientist||ICAR||CRIJAF, Barrackpore, West Bengal (India)||3rd Dec., 2001 to 2nd Dec., 2005||4 years|
- Development of farmer-led extension strategy suitable for hilly and tribal areas to improve livelihood of the farmers introducingmillets-based integrated farming
- Livelihood improvement of dryland and rainfed farmers through improved millets and allied farming adopting broad-based extension approach in Telangana State
- On-farm assessment and dissemination of latest sorghum production technologies in different agro-ecologies of sorghum in the country through frontline demonstration programme
- Introduction of farm-gate processing facilities for food, nutritional and income enhancement in millets areas of the country
- Technology outreach through crop cafeteria approach and farmers’ advisory through “Millets First” app. Integration of buyers and producers for marketing through “Millets Market” android app.
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Streamlined FLD program on sorghum with new operational guidelines and organized 3500 FLDs so far were resulted into positive impact on the sorghum farmers in terms of enhancement in quality, yield, profitability and area increased of trial farmers. The impact data was also published in reputed national and international journals.
- Developed extension strategy to introduce sorghum cultivation in rice fallows under zero tillage adopting seven steps participatory technology evaluation and dissemination module in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Employing target group approach, educated more than 5000 tribal farmers and enabled them to adopt improved cultivation practices with support of quality seed, suitable farm implement, more than 4000 filed demonstration and establishing 11 farm gate processing facilities at village level in different millets growing states which, enhanced their livelihood by raising their income level.
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Best Research Paper Award 2019 in National conference-cum-workshop on “Doubling farmers’ income: Strategies for Rainfed Agriculture” at MANAGE, Hyderabad, India during 18-19th November, 2019.
- Certificate of Excellence for Extension & Outreach 2019 by ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad 500 030, India
- Best Paper Award2015 in International Conference on “Good Governance in Agricultural Extension” organized by Centre for Good Governance and MANAGE, Hyderabad during 3-4 September, 2015.
- Young Scientist Award - 2014 of Society of Extension Education, Agra, India
- Second Best Poster Award 2013 in Global Consultation on millets promotion for health and nutritional security organized by Society for Millets Research, Directorate of Sorghum Research, Hyderabad, India during 18-20, December, 2013.
- Fellow Award - 2011 of Indian Society of Extension Education, New Delhi, India
- Recognition for “Best Popularization Effort 2009-10” for Sorghum cultivation in rice-fallows from Directorate of Sorghum Research, ICAR, Hyderabad.
Current collaborative activities:
- Collaboration with MS Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai to implement a NASF funded project in Millets Extension
- Coordinating frontline demonstration programmes on sorghum with different All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum (AICRPs) of SAUs and MoA&FW, GoI
- Collaboration with different state departments in millets growing areas for capacity building of farmers and extension functionaries
Recent most significant publications:
- Chapke RR and Tonapi VA. 2019. Effectiveness of Training on Improved Sorghum Production Technologies, Value-addition and Sweet Sorghum Perspectives. Journal of Agricultural, Forestry and Fisheries, 2019 8(2): 36-44. DOI 10.11648/j.aff20190802.12. ISSN:2328-563X(Print); ISSN: 2328-5648 (online)).
- Chapke RR and Tonapi VA. 2018. Adoption and socio-economic benefits of improved post-rainy sorghum production technology. Agric. Res. Jour. (Springer): 1-9, DOI 10.1007/s40003-018-0359-x.
- Chapke RR and Tonapi VA. 2018. Socio-economic impact and adoption of improved post-rainy sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) production technologies in Maharashtra. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science 88 (7): 992-997:8-13.
- Chapke RR and Tonapi VA. 2018. Enhancing socio-economic status of sorghum farmers through FLD. Indian Journal of Extension Education, Vol. 54, July-September, 2018: 8-13p.
- Chapke RR. 2014. Feasibility and appropriateness of recommended sorghum production technologies. SpingerPlus 2014, 3: 453 (Available at: http://www.springerplus.com/content/pdf/2193-1801-3-453.pdf)
Other professional activities:
- Reviewer of the Soybean Research Journal 2019, Society for Soybean Research and Development, ICAR-Indian Institute of Soybean Research, Khandwa Road, Indore 452 001 (M.P.), India
- Reviewer of Indian Research Journal of Extension Education, Agra, India for 2015-16
- Reviewer of the Journal of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development – Open access academic journal, Nairobi
- Reviewer of Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education (AIAEE), Florida, USA for 2006 conference held in Clearwater Beach, Florida during May 14-17, 2006