- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. T. Nepolean
Discipline: Plant Breeding and Genetics | Designation: Principal Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2018
|Degree||Institute/ University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph.D (Agriculture)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore and International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Hyderabad.||1999-2003||Plant Breeding and Genetics|
|M.Sc. (Ag)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||1997-1999||Plant Breeding and Genetics|
|B.Sc. (Ag)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||1992-1997||Agriculture sciences|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Principal Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||27 June 2018- Till date|
|Principal Scientist||ICAR||IARI, New Delhi||4 March 2016 to 26 June 2018||2 year 5 months|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||IARI, New Delhi||4 March 2010 to 3 March 2016||6 years|
|Scientist||ICRISAT, India||ICRISAT, India||1 July 2004-3 March 2010||5 years 8 months|
|Consultant||ICRISAT, India||ICRISAT, India||1 June 2003-30 June 2004||1 year|
- Identification of genes for agronomically and commercially important traits in pearl millet
- Coordinating AICSIP trials and nurseries as Project Coordinator, AICRP on Sorghum
- Development of superior pearl millet hybrids for marginal and favorable production systems
Recent major contributions:
- Developed genomics, transcriptomics, breeding and informatics tools in pearl millet and maize.
- Developed genetic stocks for agronomically important traits in pearl millet and maize.
- Developed hybrids for yield, biotic and abiotic stress tolerances and nutritional traits in pearl millet and maize.
Recent awards and recognitions:
- ICRISAT Fellowship for PhD
- Young Scientist award, Botanical conference, Vienna, Austria
- “Dr Appadurai Gold medal” for scoring first rank in “Population Genetics” in PhD.
Current collaborative activities:
- Improving yield and nutritional traits in pearl millet using breeding and genomics approaches.
Recent most significant publications:
- Nepolean T*, Kaul J, Mukri G, S Mittal. 2018. Genomics-Enabled Next-Generation Breeding Approaches in Maize. Front. Plant Sci. 9: 361.doi: 10.3389/fpls.2018.00361.
- Sushil K, Hash CT, Nepolean T, Mahendrakar MD, Satyavathi CT, Singh G, Abhishek R, Yadav RS, Rajeev G, Rakesh KS. 2018. Mapping Grain Iron and Zinc Content Quantitative Trait Loci in an Iniadi-Derived Immortal Population of Pearl Millet. Genes. doi:10.3390/genes9050248
- Mittal S, Arora K, Rao AR, Mallikarjuna MG, Gupta HS and Nepolean T*. 2017. Genomic selection for drought tolerance using genome-wide SNPs in maize. Front. Plant Sci. 8:550. doi: 10.3389/fplns.2017.00550.
- Kanika A, Panda KK, Shikha M, Mallikarjuna MG, Rao AR, Dash PK, Nepolean T*. 2017. RNAseq revealed the important gene pathways controlling adaptive mechanisms under waterlogged stress in maize. Nature Scientific Reports. DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-10561-1.
- Nepolean T*, Hossain F, Arora K, Sharma R, Kaliyugam S, Swati M, Sweta M, Namratha MP, Sreelatha D, Shobha RT, Sumalini K, Abhishek R, Trushar S, Mohapatra T, Gupta HS. 2014. Functional mechanisms of drought tolerance identified in subtropical maize using genome-wide association mapping. BMC Genomics. 15:1182, DOI:10.1186/1471-2164-15-1182.
Certified that above facts are correct and I have repeatedly edited and verified to my full satisfaction.
Dr. T Nepolean
Last Updated on 5 Nov 2018