- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Call for applications for Cohort 7 under RKVY RAFTAAR scheme ::
- International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- ICAR-NAHEP in collaboration with the Crop Science Division of ICAR is organizing Hackathon Kritagya- a National Level Agtech Hackathon on “Speed breeding for Crop Improvement.::
Dr. Karnam Venkatesh
Discipline: Genetics and Plant Breeding | Designation:Senior Scientist | At IIMR Since: 27th February, 2021
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile : 9996270154
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D||ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Research, New Delhi||2010||Genetics|
|M.Sc. (Ag)||ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Research, New Delhi||2007||Genetics|
|B.Sc. (Ag)||University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad||2005||Agriculture|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||27.02.2021-till date|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-IIIWBR, Karnal||01.09.2019 to 26.02.2021||1 year, 5 months|
|Scientist (Sr.scale)||ICAR||ICAR-IIIWBR, Karnal||01.09.2014 to 31.08.2019||5 years|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-IIIWBR, Karnal||01.09.2010 to 31.08.2014||4 years|
- Pre-breeding of sorghum and finger millet for trait improvement
- Millets Genetic Resources Management
Recent major contributions:
- Associated with the development of wheat varieties DBW71, DBW93, DBW110, DBW173, WB 2, DBW222, DBW252 and DDW47 released for cultivation by CVRC during 2012-2019
- Associated in identification and registration of DBW-EMS-98 (Chlorophyll deficient), DDW42(high yellow pigment), PHS 1108 (high protein), QLD 49 (low grain hardness), QLD 46 (high protein), DDW 32 (loose smut resistance), QLD 84 (low grain hardness) and QLD 11 (high protein) as genetic stocks with ICAR-NBPGR, New Delhi
- Identified NUE genotypes out of screening of 300 wheat germplasm lines under NUE project
Recent awards and recognitions:
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Selected Publications
- Venkatesh, K., Gupta, V., K.M., S., H.M., M., Singh, G., Pratap Singh, G., 2020. Mitigating Heat Stress in Wheat: Integrating Omics Tools With Plant Breeding, in: C. Jha, U., Nayyar, H., Gupta, S. (Eds.), Heat Stress In Food Grain Crops: Plant Breeding and Omics Research. BENTHAM SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, pp. 1–27.
- Venkatesh, K., Senthilkumar, K.M., Mamrutha, H.M., Singh, G., Singh, G.P., 2022. High-temperature stress in wheat under climate change scenario, effects and mitigation strategies, in: Climate Change and Crop Stress. Elsevier, pp. 209–229.
- Ahlawat, O., Chugh, T., Venkatesh, K., Tiwari, R., Sharma, P., Sheoran, S., Singh, R., Mamrutha, H., Arora, N., Singh, G., others, 2021. Response of contrasting bread wheat genotypes for heat and drought stress tolerance for rhizospheric soil properties. Journal of Environmental Biology 42, 1298–1306.
- Devi, K., Chahal, S., Singh, S., Venkatesh, K., Mamrutha, H., Raghav, N., Singh, G., Singh, G.P., Tiwari, R., 2021. Assessment of wheat genotypes based on various indices under different heat stress conditions. Indian J. Genet 81, 376–382.
- Khobra, R., H.M., M., Venkatesh, K., Mishra, C., Meena, R., Singh, S., Singh, Gyanendra, Singh, GP, 2021. Exogenous melatonin improves seedling vigor and drought tolerance in wheat. Journal of Cereal Research (JCR).
- Mamrutha, H.M., Rinki, K., Venkatesh, K., Gopalareddy, K., Khan, H., Mishra, C.N., Kumar, S., Kumar, Y., Singh, G., Singh, G.P., 2020. Impact of high night temperature stress on different growth stages of wheat. Plant Physiol. Rep. 25, 707–715.
- Mamrutha, H.M., Sharma, D., Sumanth Kumar, K., Venkatesh, K., Tiwari, V., Sharma, I., 2017. Influence of Diurnal Irradiance Variation on Chlorophyll Values in Wheat: A Comparative Study Using Different Chlorophyll Meters. National Academy Science Letters 40, 221–224.
- Meena, R.P., Karnam, V., R, S., Rinki, Sharma, R.K., Tripathi, S.C., Singh, G.P., 2019a. Identification of water use efficient wheat genotypes with high yield for regions of depleting water resources in India. Agricultural Water Management 223, 105709.
- Meena, R.P., Karnam, V., Tripathi, S.C., Jha, A., Sharma, R.K., Singh, G.P., 2019b. Irrigation management strategies in wheat for efficient water use in the regions of depleting water resources. Agricultural Water Management 214, 38–46.
Other professional activities