- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Call for applications for Cohort 7 under RKVY RAFTAAR scheme ::
- International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- ICAR-NAHEP in collaboration with the Crop Science Division of ICAR is organizing Hackathon Kritagya- a National Level Agtech Hackathon on “Speed breeding for Crop Improvement.::
Discipline: Seed Science and Technology | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2017
Email: email@example.comProfile video Click here
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|PhD||ICAR-Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi||2016||Seed Science and Technology|
|M Sc (Ag)||Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh||2012||Seed Science and Technology|
|B Sc (Ag)||University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur, Karnataka||2010||Agriculture|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||May 29th 2017 to till date|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi||April 11th 2016 to May 27th 2017||1 year 1 month|
|ICAR||ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management||Jan 1st, 2016 to March 31st 2016 (FOCARS-103)||3 months|
- Principal Investigator : Studies on cold tolerance in sorghum and foxtail millet
- Nodal officer: AICRP-Small millets (Trials and Nurseries)
Co-Nodal Officer for the following projects
- National Seed Project on “Breeder Seed Production”
- ICAR Seed Project on “Seed Production in Agricultural Crops”
- NFSM Network project on Enhancing Breeder Seed Production in Millets
- NFSM Network project on Millet Seed Hubs
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Identified candidate SSR marker (Satt 423) for seed longevity in soybean
- Quality seed production planning and execution in the Indian sorghum and millets seed supply chain.
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Recognition: “Certificate of Excellence for Seed system” (2019), ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad.
- Guided student for research work as part of their M Sc degree programme
Current collaborative activities:
- Coordination of multi-location breeding trials across AICRP locations in small millets
- Enhanced Breeder Seed Production in millets- 18 centres across SAUs
- Millets seed hubs for quality seed production- with 24 centres in SAUs and KVKs
Recent most significant publications:
- Sooganna, Jain, S. K., Bhat, K. V.,AmritLamichaney and Lal,S. K.(2016). Characterization of soybean (Glycine max) genotypes for seed longevity using SSR markers, Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 86(5): 605–10.
- Sooganna, Subba Rao, L.V., Kiranbabu, P., Basavaraj, K. and Keshavulu, K. 2019. Genetic diversity analysis of rice cultivars differing in dormancy based on SSR marker. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 8(06):3289-3299. (JrnID: I199; IF: 5.38).
- Amrit Lamichaney, Jain,S.Kand Sooganna (2016). Influence of umbel position on seed quality of Anise (Pimpinella anisum L.): A minor seed spice, Bangladesh Journal of Botany.45(5): 1243-1248 Sooganna, Subbarao, L.V.,Kiranbabu, P., Chaitanya,U and Keshavulu,K. (2012). Effect of maleic hydrazide on induction of seed dormancyand seed quality parameters in rice.Seed Research40(2): 124–133.
- Kannababu, N., Venkateswarlu, R., Hariprasanna, K., Sooganna and Vilas ATonapi 2019. Effect of different stages of Seed Maturation on Seed Physical, Physiological and Biochemical Traits in Foxtail Millet (Setariaitalica (L.) Beauv.). Abstract no. 09, Page no. 78, ISTA Seed Symposium Abstracts (ISBN: 978-3-906549-63-7(edition: 2019), 32nd ISTA Seed Congress, 26th July to 3rd August 2019, Hyderabad, India.
- Bhat, B.V., Ratnavathi, C.V., Rao, B.D., Chapke, R., Swarna, R., Padmaja, P.G., Prasad, G.S., Das, I.K., Aruna, C., Venkateswarlu, R., Kannababu, N., Sooganna, Rao, S.S., Singode, A., Talwar, H.S., Babu, K.S., Tonapi, V.A. 2019. Manual on good Agricultural Practices in millets. Published by: ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad. 53 pages. ISBN No. 81-89335-88-X.
- Kannababu N, Sooganna and Vilas ATonapi (2019). Relevance of agro-climate to hybrid seed production in sorghum. In: Talwar HS, Kannababu N, Venkatesh Bhat B and Tonapi VA. (Editors) Climate Resilience in Millets. 232 pages. ISBN 81-89335-85-5. ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad, TS, India.
- Kannababu N, Sooganna and Vilas ATonapi (2019). Quality seed production and maintenance in millets. In: Das IK, Shyamprasad G, Chapke RR and Vilas ATonapi (Editors). Good agricultural practices for biotic stress management and productivity improvement in millets as nutricereal. 203 pages. ISBN: 81-89335-87-1. ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad, TS, India.
Other professional activities:
- Member, Indian Society of Seed Technology, New Delhi